Today is gross.
Today is rainy.
Today would be an easy day to feel generally sad.
So today, I am focusing on what is GOOD about having a child with Down syndrome.
1. The community of parents of children with Down syndrome is awesome.
2. Free preschool. And it's good preschool.
3. Watching people's faces when Ellie does the splits. Asleep.
4. Extra snuggles from low muscle tone.
5. I don't care if it's a stereotype, it's true of my kid - an extra dose of love. (I went to give Ellie a kiss after I wrote that. She looked right in my eye and yelled, "NO KISSES!" So maybe an extra dose of love sometimes.)
6. Beautiful eyes.
7. Knowing that I'm blessed to have Ellie here. Down syndrome is associated with miscarriage. Our super early prenatal diagnosis made us aware of this risk.
9. We share. (I asked Ellie what we do together and that was her answer.)
10. A three year old who is still small enough to carry when she needs a big hug.
11. So much personality.
12. A chance to impress my daughter with the sign language I learned in elementary school.
13. Splashing in puddles.
I could go on, but a certain little girl with an extra chromosome is seeking my attention.