Ellie, I know I write the same thing every month, but how is time flying by like this? Today, you are ten months old.
Here are some glimpses of our past month:
* At the grocery store, you are big enough to sit in the cart. You "talk" to everyone we pass, blowing raspberries and saying "ah-ba-da-la-la-di-da." We have no clue what you're saying, but we know your message is important.
* Twice in the past week, you've pulled yourself into a sitting position! Whoohoo!
* You love to feed yourself. Your new favorite food is turkey meatballs, which are a huge mess when served with sauce. You are not deterred by your lack of teeth. No plate is safe when you're around, because your chubby little hands grab at whatever looks edible.
* Yesterday you rocked on your hands and knees. Your physical therapist and I were very proud. You were very angry, because you'd rather work on standing.
* Ellie, you give great hugs and you love to listen to stories. This morning, you listened to one of your recorded storybooks and thought it was the greatest thing ever. You also love playing your drum and playing with your elephant ball popper. Sometimes, you can turn your ball popper on all by yourself, and you get startled.
* You love other babies and kids, and you like to pat them on the head. This is a problem when the other baby is smaller than you, because your "love pats" come across as whacks on the head.
We love you so much, Ellie. I'm already starting to plan a big celebration for when you turn ONE. We have many people to thank, and we have so much to celebrate.
|(This book reads itself! Amazing!)|
|(Sitting in the rocking chair with Violet the dog.)|
|(Exhausted from physical therapy yesterday, Ellie napping under the coffee table.)|