Things That Have Happened Since Mommy's Last Blog Post
by Ellie L.
1. My mommy made even more yummy food. And she bought juice boxes.
2. We went to a party with some of our other friends who have Down syndrome. I spit up a lot. The party was super fancy. I saw Sammi and that made Mommy really happy because she said Sammi brings sunshine.
3. I met Santa!
|("Wow, that beard looks fun to pull!")|
4. I threw up. On the way home. Twice. I was still really happy until I realized that Mommy and Daddy wouldn't feed me. Then I was grumpy. I like food. A lot.
5. Mommy called my doctor and I guess the doctor doesn't like food. The people Mommy talked to told my parents to made me drink pedialyte and not play with anyone at the party. Daddy shoved something in my ear and said, "98.3, so that's okay." And they told other kids not to come play. That wasn't cool.
6. Some of Mommy and Daddy's friends came over, but they made me stay far away and told me I had to sleep. They said that the doctor called me "contact contagious." I didn't like that name very much. And I was grumpy about the whole pedialyte thing. I watched "Baby Signing Times" a lot, and I guess I fell asleep, which is weird. I don't believe in sleep, so I have no idea how that happened.
7. I didn't get to wear my party dress, and that was sad, but after everyone left, Mommy looked at her watch and said, "Eight hours!" and then gave me a tiny bit of milk. I cried and said in baby language, "Mom, seriously, I am so hungry, give me more!" Mommy said no, though. And then I slept. But not for long. And then I got more milk, and now Mommy says she is tired because I woke up at four and so I am helping her out by writing this blog.
Oh, and Mommy and Daddy are also glad they got to see their friends. Some of them came upstairs to meet me, but they didn't pick me up or anything. That was another not cool for my day. I smiled all sweet, and then when they left, I'd say, "AHH!!!! Don't abandon me!!!" I am loud. They all said I'm cute though, even though Mommy took my pigtails out and I was angry.
I feel much better now. I should probably help Mommy out today, she and Daddy are tired and I think they're blaming me!
|("Grandma got us a microwave box! Shh, I'm hiding in it!")|
And Then She Snapped. Linking up. And lots babies with Santa here.